LCVG

Mozilla Firebird

Robot Monkey

Yep. I switched from IE to normal Mozilla a while back, but mainline Mozilla/Seamonkey became quite bloated so Firebird/Thunderbird was a godsend. I've been using Firebird since around 0.4, and am diggin' the new 0.7 release. I just this week have started (apprehensively) switching to Thunderbird 0.3 for my local e-mail client. Great stuff! :D

Originally posted by Robot Monkey@Oct 20 2003, 07:44 PM

what features do you like in opera that aren't in firebird? I've only used opera a handful of times and that was a while ago.

Of course, as soon as I mention them, someone'll tell me that Firebird does it, too. I like how Opera loads all the previous pages I had open when I closed it, Opera is fast (Firebird is faster), I prefer Opera's Hotlist to Firebird's Sidebar, I can toggle images on and off in Opera, Opera has more instantly-accessible options, I like Opera's toolbar customizations more.

Of course, as soon as I mention them, someone'll tell me that Firebird does it, too.

Well, I'll try. ;)

I like how Opera loads all the previous pages I had open when I closed it

The Session Saver extension might be just what you're looking for.

I prefer Opera's Hotlist to Firebird's Sidebar

Hmmm, not quite sure on the differences here so I can't comment.

I can toggle images on and off in Opera, Opera has more instantly-accessible options, I like Opera's toolbar customizations more.

PrefButtons might be helpful. Or, if you want to kill items/images on a case-by-case basis, look at Nuke Image or Nuke Anything.