LCVG

There is a God!!

PHiL

She really is just one of the most loathsome creatures on the planet. The news will certainly slap her back down into the real world for once, but once she's out nothing will have changed. If anything she'll get even more media attention once she's out.

True that,but at least for a month and a half the joke will be on her.Personally,I'm hoping she screws up & gets 90 days...:D

In reality she is just making going to jail "hot". She's the ultimate representation of our nauseating consumerist society and jail time is something she hasn't had yet. It's another notch on her list of acquisitions. Jail is now chic.

In reality she is just making going to jail "hot". She's the ultimate representation of our nauseating consumerist society and jail time is something she hasn't had yet. It's another notch on her list of acquisitions. Jail is now chic.

Completely agree.

Regardless I'm still giddy to see her get punished, really bugs me to see these "celebrities" getting away with murder, especially the underage ones that are constantly photographed and videotaped smoking and drinking at clubs, what aren't these clubs held to the same standard as a corner party store?

Another one I was happy to see go to jail was that douche that does the girls gone wild videos, jerkoff has his lawyer sneak him cash and pills in the jail and he's trying to bribe guards, I hope he gets his ass reamed.

Sadly, probably true. I was watching the Daily Show; they were making fun of the "Stop Snitching" movement. Since I detest hip-hop and especially its culture, I hadn't heard anything about this before.

Apparently letting people commit crimes is now cool too. :eh

...Since I detest hip-hop and especially its culture, ...Apparently letting people commit crimes is now cool too. :eh

I don't think the "Stop Snitching" movement is cool or excusable, I actually think that the rich hip hop stars are exploiting the poor. The media is also irresponsible in not reporting that the movement is a symptom of a large problem in our culture. It is sensationalist and racist that when we look at poor urban black culture things like the "Stop Snitching" movement receive the press. Instead of focusing on why inner city blacks doesn't trust the police (49% of prison inmates are black), we report these animals don't believe in our civilized culture.

I've lived in Over the Rine in Cincinnati, OH and worked with inner city mentorship programs in Denver, CO and take things like this pretty seriously. I've had intelligent, peaceful friends that when walking down the road and got harassed because they looked like "hip hop thugs." Do my friends trust the police? No. How can they when they're viewed as a perpetrator based on the color of their skin??

As far as you not liking hip hop culture that is cool. I like it though. Graffiti murals can be some of the best temporary art installations I've seen. Common, Razel, the Roots, Mad Lib, Quazimoto, Deltron, Blackalicious, K-Os and Jurassic 5 are constantly in my musical rotation. I really enjoy watching people dance (I have two left feet). Hip hop dancing (especially break dancing) is so athletic and expressive. I've seen people do things that I didn't know human bodies can do (not like in Amsterdam or Tijuana though). Oh and my wife looks hot when she hip hop dances at concerts. All and all, it is a pretty rich movement.

As far as Paris Hilton going to jail. Praise Jebus!!!! The highlight of the article was when her mother yelled that she wanted the prosecutors autograph during the trial. Bravo. It's all about people getting fame, not the fact that Paris broke the law and was rightly being prosecuted for her crimes. No wonder Paris is an idiot, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

I was watching the Daily Show; they were making fun of the "Stop Snitching" movement...Apparently letting people commit crimes is now cool too. :eh
I haven't heard of this movement but I have to ask: in what culture is "snitching" considered cool? From the playground on up, the "snitch" is a character to be deplored. If it's a cultural problem, it's one of our entire culture, not just hip-hop. The Wikipedia entry is interesting.
The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy how to be a man! Let's see: don't tattle, always make fun of those different from you, never say anything unless you're sure everyone feel exactly the same way you do.

I haven't heard of this movement but I have to ask: in what culture is "snitching" considered cool? From the playground on up, the "snitch" is a character to be deplored. If it's a cultural problem, it's one of our entire culture, not just hip-hop. The Wikipedia entry is interesting.

Good point. Disdaining tattle-tales is a pretty universal thing.